Cancer is the ruin of human lives of the 21th century. According to statistics, every person on earth faces cancer: either he/she is diagnosed with cancer himself/herself or someone of their family is diagnosed.
In order to get a victory over cancer you must begin treatment at early stages of diagnosis and in case the treatment is taken seriously. Annually, cancer claims the lives of about 8 million people around the world.
But that’s enough with the frightening statistics. You can still prevent cancer and lower the risk of developing cancer. All you need to do is follow the following recommendations:
- Don’t smoke, don’t take any kinds of tobacco and try to avoid rooms with smoke, as tobacco smoke is one of the most potent carcinogen.
- Keep your normal body weight in check. Being overweight or too skinny promote bad health conditions.
- Be physically active: move more, do more fitness, walk more.
- Follow a healthy diet. Your everyday diet must include: vegetables, fruits, whole grains and dairy products. Say no to high-calorie foods with a high content of sugar and fat. Avoid sausages, bacon, canned and processed food.
- Limit your alcohol intake as much as possible. Scientists have recently found that by completely avoiding alcohol beverages, you lower the risk of developing cancer.
- Avoid direct interaction of sunrays with your skin: wear headwear, sunscreen and use creams with SPF 30.
- If you’re a woman, do breastfeeding. According to recent studies, breastfeeding lowers the risk of developing breast cancer.
- Be careful about your health, regularly do medical check-ups that would diagnose cancer at early stages.
- Drink coffee. A British study found back in 2010 that drinking coffee lowers the risk of developing brain cancer by 40%.